This recipe is one of my staples. Its super easy to adapt to whatever you have in the fridge (just replace the greens with whatever vegetables you’ve got laying around). And if your hungry RIGHT NOW this can be made in as little as 5 min (well, if the rice has already been cooked).
Bowl by Andrea Keim, more of her work can be found here
Crazy Simple Fried Egg and Rice Bowl
- 1 Egg
- 1 handful of greens like baby romaine or spinach
- 1 tsp Canola or other cooking oil
- Grab your cooked rice out of the fridge and microwave it with a little water (if it is dry) or start cooking some rice. Once the rice is hot/done drizzle with a little tamari.
- Heat a small skillet over medium to medium-high heat with about a tsp of oil until its shimmering and almost smoking. Crack the egg into the oil and sprinkle with salt (this would be the time to use one of those splatter screens if you got one). Cook the egg until it is bubbling and browned on the edges then flip and cook for a few seconds until the whites are set. Place the egg over the rice.
- Toss the greens in the skillet and squeeze siracha on to taste (1/4tsp-1tsp). Continuously toss the greens and siracha until they are wilted. Place greens over rice and serve!